One of the most useful tools in Sales Layer is the search bar. As Sales Layer can handle around two million references, it’s crucial that you are able to filter easily, as well as having a labeling system that is both agile and simple.
Sales Layer allows you to search through your product catalogue in multiple ways. If, for example, we search for "red", Sales Layer will search for “red” in every field of every product; this means we might get back some results we are not interested in. To improve on this, we can set it so that Sales Layer should only look for red in one specific field, for example the colour field.
To do this you start by typing
As well as using
It’s also possible to search using multiple criteria at once, by separating them with spaces:
You can fine tune your searches further by choosing to include or exclude certain criteria using the + and - signs.
For example, in the above search we are choosing to show those products which have red and blue in their colour field, but do not contain the word “contrasting” in their name field.
You can also search inside multilingual fields. To do this, you can indicate the language suffix (based on ISO 639-1 code table) at the end of the field name in brackets, as shown in the example below:
If you wish, you can refine your search also using the search inside parenthesis. For example:
Sales Layer gives you the option of listing the items with any value or an empty field using the sign
Or the opposite:
Other special searches
This listed below are other examples of special searches that you can perform thanks to the Sales Layer search bar:
- select:empty fields: Shows items with empty fields.
- select:incomplete items: Shows items with incomplete field values.
- select:without images or select:with images: Filters items without / with primary images.
- select:pending translations: Shows items with pending translation.
- select: quality <40 / select: quality> 40: Shows items based on the percentage of completeness (quality score).
(Only for the Category table)
- select:without products or select:with products: Shows categories without / with products
(Only for the Product table)
- select:without categories or select:with categories: Shows products without / with categories
- select:without variants or select:with variants: Shows products without / with variants
(Only for the Variant table)
- select:without products or select:with products: Shows variants without / with product association
- select:recent Shows only the recently created or modified items. In the section Images or Files, it shows the last modified images or files.
You can also search based on when a product was last modified:
select: modified yesterday select: modified Tuesday select: modified 2018-08-12 select: modified> -"5 months" select: modified>"30 december 2017" select:modified<”1 day" select:modified="october 2018" select:modified>"-60 days" select:modified>"-60 days" +select:modified<"-30 days"
or last created:
select:created<"1 day" select:created="october 2018" select:created>"-60 days"
Finally, you can also find the search bar in other places in Sales Layer: such as in categories, variants, workflows, and channels, where it can be used to create a channel that only exports content based on specific search criteria.