How to import Products
To import, click on “Import” next to the product family or under “Actions” menu.
Importation is completely flexible in Sales Layer. You can just import any kind of Excel (copy & paste) or CSV (upload file). There is no need to setup an importation profile previously, you can just import anything and the database will adapt.
Just be sure that the first row of your tables contains the name of the fields or attributes. Then you will be able to match the fields to existing ones, or if they are new, the system will create them automatically.
For a successful product importation, there are 5 basic fields or attributes:
- Product reference (strictly required): Product unique ID or SKU.
- Section reference: It’s the ID of the category/subcategory/series where the product will be linked.
- Product name: Name of the product that will be displayed on sales channels.
- Product image: Image of the product that will be displayed on sales channels.
- Product description: Basic information of the product that will be displayed on sales channels.
How to import Formats
How to import Images & Files
There are 3 ways to import images and files:
- If your CSV contains the full URLs of the current location of the files: The system will automatically download the files and process them.
- If your CSV contains relative URLs: Click on “sizes” and type the URL base and the system will download the files and process them.
- If your CSV contains only the file name: Just import the file names & then upload everything in a zip file from the images or files gallery.