In the channel there are other sections, aside from Import, where the data is synchronized.
In Tools, we can control many processes:
- Unlink items: this process will load into memory all the info coming from channels and will deactivate all the items which are not in Sales Layer.
- Information preload: this process will upload all the info from the currently configured channels, and also establishes the relationship between items and channels into the intermediate table. This table is useful for managing items in many channels: they are only fully deactivated if they appear in no channel, and persist if they are used in one of them.
Note: this process is automatic and optional. It is mainly used when the table has been accidentally deleted.
- Download SL logs: downloads logs from Sales Layer in the folder ‘var/logs’, aside from system.log and exception.log.
- Remove SL logs: deletes logs from Sales Layer stored at ‘var/logs’.
- Delete SL items pending to process: when accidentally processing a big quantity of items, this process can delete all the pending items. *Note: this function should be used only for emergencies
In ‘View SL logs’ it is possible to access the logs coming from Sales Layer and stored in the folder ‘var/logs’, system.log, and exception.log, with an option to erase them:
Finally, in ‘Configuration Parameters’ there are many options available for the synchronization process:
- Activate debug logs: when active, it will add in data files from the synchronization
- If it is enabled, it will print the register data of the synchronizations.
Note: it is important to avoid having it always active, since logs aren’t automatically erased and in time they will take too much space in disk.
- Manage Indexers: when active, the current status of the indexers will be stored and its status will change to ‘Processing’.
Once the process is over, the status will be back to the original and it will be reindexed.
- SQL limits rows to insert: number of registers to be stored in the database at the same time (when we ask the channel to provide the information). If there is any error related to a data overload, it is highly recommended to reduce the quantity of registers.
- Avoid image updates: the process of the images is the most demanding one even when images haven’t been modified. If, for any reason, it would be necessary to update a single field in all the products, this option can be activated, synchronize data, and later deactivate it. This way the process will be much faster.
- Synchronize data from this hour until this hour: this option will allow us to choose the hours when the cron jobs will be operational.
Note: by choosing 0 in both, the cron will be operative each hour.